What It Is:
- FanDuel, the premier gaming destination in the United States, will be providing fantasy contests for the semifinals and finals of the Bud Light Seltzer Charity Royale Tournament. The tournament, which launched on April 21 and concludes May 7, features top athletes across various sports battling in Call of Duty Warzone on Twitch to raise money for charities helping with COVID-19 relief efforts. Fantasy enthusiasts can now join in on the action for a chance to win a share of $10,000 in contest prizing.
How It Works:
- The FanDuel fantasy contest format includes a $7 salary cap with players priced at $4, $3, $2, and $1. The semifinals will have 16 players in the player pool and the finals will have 8. Scoring categories include Wins, Kills, Contracts, and others.
- 3 Player Roster: MVP – 2x Points; All Star – 1.5x Points; Player
Who Is Playing:
- Bud Light Seltzer Charity Royale Tournament features four players per team. Participating athletes include:
- MLB: Pete Alonso, Justin Dunn, Bo Bichette, Brett Phillips, Gavin Lux, Blake Snell, JD Martinez, Will Smith
- NBA: Paul George, Eric Pashcall, Royce O’Neale, Jalen Brunson, Josh Hart
- NFL: Marcus Peters, Marshawn Lynch, DK Metcalf, Kyle van Noy, Landon Collins, Austin Ekeler
- NHL: Taylor Hall, Ryan Strome
- WNBA: Ariel Powers
- USWNT: Allie Long, Meagan Kelly,
When It Takes Place:
- The tournament semifinals take place on Tuesday, May 5, and will feature the top four ranked teams. Two winning teams will advance to the finals on Thursday, May 7. Every match will be streamed live for free on Bud Light’s Twitch channel at 9:00pm ET.
About FanDuel Group
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Paddy Power Betfair plc, a leading international sports betting and gaming operator and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.