November 7, 2019, New York, NY – Flutter Entertainment plc, the parent company of FanDuel Group, today announced its Q3 financial results, highlighting the strength of FanDuel Group in the United States.
Key US highlights include:
- Continued strong revenue growth: FanDuel Group revenues increased by 67% in Q3 driven by excellent sportsbook and casino performance.
- Number one position in Pennsylvania and New Jersey: Following the online launch of the FanDuel Sportsbook in Pennsylvania in July, FanDuel Group has achieved the leading market position in the state and has maintained leadership in New Jersey.
- Sportsbook expansion: In addition to New Jersey and Pennsylvania, the FanDuel Sportsbook is now available in Indiana and West Virginia (online and retail) plus Iowa and New York (retail only).
- Increased customer growth: FanDuel Group’s active customer growth is currently exceeding expectations, with over 250,000 online sportsbook customers since launch.
- Demonstrable power of cross-sell: Adoption of online casino games by FanDuel Sportsbook customers has continued apace, driving 174% year-over-year growth in casino revenues. FanDuel remained the online casino market leader in New Jersey with an 18% market share in the quarter.
- Growth of TVG racing and fantasy businesses: FanDuel Group’s TVG racing and fantasy sports businesses also delivered good growth with combined revenues increasing 5%.
“The third-quarter performance exceeded our expectations, with exceptional customer and revenue growth,” said Matt King, CEO, FanDuel Group. “The FanDuel Sportsbook is now America’s number one online sportsbook, as evident by market leadership in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and early success in Indiana where we launched our online sportsbook last month. Looking ahead to the rest of 2019 and beyond, we will continue to offer world-class products and further deliver on our customer promise of being America’s favorite sportsbook.”
About FanDuel Group
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, a leading international sports betting and gaming operator and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.